i figured code is a mightier sword than mere words. please forgive me for focusing on forging instead of mumbling:
- burnstation2: a tool to educate people that file-sharing can be legal, a fork of pyjama. We needed some software to access Jamendo, pyjama was perfect, together with a touchscreen we have a nice burnstation. (kudos to the original pyjama author(s)!)
- playful swarm simulation - a game for evolutionary pythonistas. Also a product of h.a.c.k. several of us modeled and visualized simple swarm behavior, it's a lot of fun to tweak the config to get the most stable setup. (thx, dnet+asciimooo)
- ksh-scraper: liberating the data of the Hungarian Statistical Office. Our contribution to the Open Government Data Hackday December 2010, using a simple greasemonkey script (install) all statistical data on the Hungarian Statistical Office are also available as CSV downloads (shouts to asciimoo).
- memopol2: i'm contributing to this important project, which gets especially interesting when combined with weurstchen and pippi. (greetz lqdn!)
- django-mongo-annotator: annotator rocks, but didn't support django/mongo out of the box. not anymore!
And some other important projects, which i will address in separate posts:
- omnom (formerly known as tagger, tagr): capitalizing on the faked demise of del.icio.us, an attempt to get it right and free, including snapshoting of bookmarked pages. (live demo) (thx smari)
- weurstchen: the EU legislative machinery is always churning out new law, weurstchen monitors this. (live demo) (thx smari)
- deaddrop: responsible leaking for reckless copycats. anonymous delivery services for everyone else.
- pippi longstrings is alive, automatically importing eur-lex, etherpad and co-ment documents, and allows commenting using annotator. (live demo)
if you like this, please consider flattring me.
I hope these projects make up for not posting here. If not, here: have some shiny distracting movies generated by the swarm simulation: (HD:mp4,SD:ogv) of swarms (greens=algae, white=fish, red=shark):